Details about four commercial vessels that have been registered under the Sri Lankan flag and three other vessels that are to be registered in the same manner on a directive by President Mahinda Rajapksa following a request by the Iranian leader have now surfaced.
These Iranian vessels have been registered under the Sri Lankan flag on a Presidential directive in order to assist Iran overcome the sanctions imposed on the country by the US.
Following are the four vessels that have been registered under the Sri Lankan flag:
1. BV/RODERTINA (former name DIANPHE)
2. BV/RICIDA (former name GLORY)
3. BV/VALENTIA (former name BEGONIA)
4. BV/VERONICA (former name GLOXINIA)
Following are the three Iranian vessels that are currently in the process of being registered:
1. GL/IMELDA (former name TANDIS)
2. GL/GRACIA (former name SALIS)
3. GL/PLARISA (former name PARDIS)